- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium ketchup
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ready-made white horseradish
- 2 tsp firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
717.39 calories, 20.43 g carbohydrates, 82.49
mg cholesterol, 56.27 g fat, 326.34 mg sodium
Rating: * * * * *
Estimated Time: 25min
- Preheat broiler, heat a charcoal grill until coals form white ash, or preheat a gas
grill to medium.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, brown
sugar, garlic and thyme. Mix well and bring to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and
stir in pepper.
- Brush tops of chicken pieces lightly with sauce. Place chicken, sauce-side down, on a
foil-lined broiler pan or grill rack. Brush other sides lightly with sauce.
- Broil or grill 3 inches from heat, basting with remaining sauce and turning until no
longer pink in center, for about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Let chicken stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- When time is short, omit the sauce. Instead, use 1/2 cup of ready-made reduced-sodium
barbecue sauce mixed with a little cider vinegar, or red-wine vinegar, and white
horseradish. Proceed as directed.
Visit Tavolo.com for
more delicious ideas.